Safer Recruitment Statement
Recruitment Safeguarding Notice
At ACE we believe that the safety and welfare of our pupils is the most important aspect of our work.
Pre employment checks
- Every employee will have had an enhanced DBS check carried out before they can start work.
- Every employee will have their career history scrutinised and at least two full references checked. We hold the right to ask for more than two references and can ask any past employer for a reference.
- We will want to verify your identity and address by seeing original documents such as passport, photo driving licence, birth certificate, recent utility bills or bank statements.
- We will check all qualifications and need to have seen the original certification to support these.
- We will take copies of relevant documents to keep in your secure personnel file.
- If you have sent in an application electronically you will be asked to sign a hard copy before being interviewed to declare that it is all true and accurate.
- Failure to declare anything or factual inaccuracy in your application or interview will very likely lead to summary dismissal.
- You will be asked to complete medical screening to ensure you are mentally and physically able to satisfy the demands of the role.
- Post employment responsibilities
- You must adhere to the highest standards of professional behaviour as detailed in the Teachers Standards and the ACE / PCC code of conduct.
- You will follow the child protection policy and procedures to keep all our young people safe.
- You will be vigilant of any concerns about a pupil or any adults and follow the correct procedure to pass these concerns on in a timely fashion. You will be tenacious in this and make repeated referrals if necessary.
- You will undertake all training as required
- You will demonstrate you understand and follow the ACE E-safety policy at all times
- You are required to understand and follow the whistle-blowing policy and know who you can report concerns to and how to do so.